Are you in need of a brain booster supplement? Take this quiz to see if your brain functions may be declining.
- Have you stopped planning ahead and stopped setting goals?
- Do you find it’s difficult to change your behavior when you know you really should?
- Is it difficult for you to focus on one thing and keep out other distractions?
- Give yourself a minute and name as many animals as you can. How many did you get? Now give yourself another minute and name as many animals as you can beginning with the letters a through d. How many did you get?
- Do you often leave tasks uncompleted when life gets very hectic and difficult?
- Do you find it difficult to stop yourself from doing or saying inappropriate things to others in public?
These are not the usual questions seen on a test to see if you need a brain booster supplement. That’s because these questions check to see if the highest level of functioning is operating in your brain; it’s called executive functioning. Executive functioning organizes other parts of the brain – usually memory, motor skills and attention.
Executive thinking skills are usually deficient when someone has been drinking alcohol or taking drugs for many years. Some people think that when these skills are lacking, it predisposes people to develop drinking or drug problems.
Executive thinking skills are also deficient in those who have psychiatric disorders and in those with autism or attention deficit disorder. They decline in the later years and may be evaluated to see whether dementia is a possible problem.
If your answers to the questions 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 are yes, you may benefit from a brain booster supplement.
Other ways to determine whether or not you need a brain booster supplement would be to evaluate your attention span, short and long term memory and ability to understand and follow directions. This “need” might be okay. It seems less direct
If any of these are not as good as they used to be and you see a definite decline, do what you can to boost the brain functioning by feeding your brain what it needs: nutrients in the form of a good diet and a brain booster supplement, an environment rich in intellectual stimulation and a happy outlook on life.