We live in a time where answers to a lot of health questions have been found. One of the questions answered is what causes aging. Using this information to your advantage, you can reverse many of the aging effects you feel and see in your body right now.
Genetics Causes Aging
Several things cause aging. First of all, each cell in your body is programmed to only live for a certain number of cell reproductions. Once the cell reaches that last reproduction, it will live its last life cycle and die.
This cause of aging may seem a little hopeless but you can still take responsibility and make progress by providing all the proper nutrition. This way the cell won’t die from other causes along the way, such as nutritional deficiencies. Although researchers are working on methods to change the genes that extend the life of a cell, they haven’t perfected it yet, and no one will know the consequences for at least another decade.
Sun Exposure, Steroids and High Blood Sugar Cause Aging
Aging is also caused by sun exposure. Sun exposure causes wrinkles and a loss of the collagen layer. Those who are the most tanned by the sun end up with leathery looking skin that needs serious anti-aging help with collagen regeneration and even resurfacing.
When blood sugar is too high, this also causes aging. This is why it’s so important for diabetics to gain control of their blood sugar. Aging occurs rapidly when someone takes steroids, too. Steroids cause a disintegration of the collagen layer of the skin, which leads to wrinkles.
Prevent Aging By Addressing Nutritional Deficiencies
The aging that you can prevent is related to nutritional deficiencies. Every known nutritional deficiency will somehow end up causing cell death. Without enough antioxidants from vitamin A, C, D and E, you’ll end up with cells dying prematurely from infection or oxidation.
Many skin care companies have created topical products that concentrate large amounts of these antioxidant vitamins. Many people totally believe in vitamin C serums or anti aging creams that contain these ingredients. They’ve found a difference in their skin – in the wrinkles and fine lines, in the freshness of their skin, and in the way their skin feels.
You’ll see these products often marked as anti-aging in their name or on the bottle. Anti-aging skin treatments are meant to work on the newer skin cells and give them plenty of antioxidants to keep the cells young longer. Anti aging supplements and vitamins are taken orally so that all cells in your body will get the benefits.
Anti Aging Strategies for Life
There are other ways you can extend the life of the cells. Here’s a short list of some of them.
- -Give up smoking. This bad habit uses up the vitamin C in your body that helps keep you younger looking.
- -Give up excess alcohol consumption. Alcohol is a no-nutrient food that robs your body of nutrients and causes high blood sugar and resulting high insulin levels. Those who drink excessive amounts of alcohol will always look older than those who don’t.
- -Avoid prolonged sun exposure.
- -Exercise at least three times a week.
- -To avoid stress better, choose your moods during the day. Don’t let daily events or what people say ruin your day.
- -Eat a healthy diet, packed with adequate protein and plenty of green and red vegetables. Include fish a few times a month and a fish oil supplement the rest. Drink plenty of water and limit your sugar intake.
- -Balance your life with plenty of time for friends and family, and of course, your pets.
Taking anti-aging strategies in your later teen years is the best time to reverse aging. Don’t wait until much later!